September 15, 2009
Smart Start - A Study Skills Workshop Series
Smart Start - A Study Skills Workshop Series - will be starting next week, with the first session on Sept. 21. Organized by Counselling and Career Services, the nine workshops will provide advice and tips on essential study skills, such as note-taking techniques, time management, how to use the library, reading strategies, oral communication and more. The workshops will be very valuable to all students, but especially those in their first year of University.
All workshops are offered FREE of charge, but students are asked to register in advance with Counselling and Career Services: phone 786-9863 or email email@example.com.
Smart Start Workshop Topics and Dates:
All workshops are held 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in Room 1L04, Lockhart Hall.
1. Goal Setting and Time Management: Mon. Sept 21/09
2. Using the Library: Wed. Sept 23/09
3. Note-taking Techniques: Mon. Sept 28/09
4. Reading Strategies: Wed. Oct 7/09
5. Critical Thinking Skills and Research-based Analysis: Wed. Oct 14/09
6. Oral Communication and Class Participation: Mon. Oct 19/09
7. Essay Writing: The Basics Wed. Oct 21/09
8. Memory and Test-taking Strategies: Mon. Oct 26/09
9. Dealing with Exam Anxiety: Mon. Nov 23/09
Posted by jmarion at September 15, 2009 1:04 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)