June 8, 2006
Augustana InfoLit Workshop
This from Nancy Goebel at Augustana:
You are invited to join the Augustana Faculty Library of the University of Alberta for our 6th Annual Information Literacy workshop!
Thursday, November 16, 2006 (Wed., Nov 15 optional dinner)
- Head of Instructional Services, University of California, Berkeley
- Project Director for the Mellon Library/Faculty Fellowship on Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- 2004-2006 Association of Research Libraries Leadership Fellow
- Former Head of the Digital Information Literacy Office at the University of Texas at Austin and project manager for the award winning educational site TILT.
More information at: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/~edupuis/
Supporting Undergraduate Research Experiences
Research-based learning can invigorate undergraduate education by engaging students in the process of discovery. Effectively supporting undergraduate research experiences requires that attention be directed toward a range of areas including:
- Developing successful collaborations
- Crafting creative assignments and assessments
- Initiating complementary programming and recognition
- Redesigning teaching and learning spaces
Where: Augustana Faculty, University of Alberta
Camrose, Alberta, Canada
Registration will open August 2006. Space is limited - plan to register early to avoid disappointment! Cost includes workshop handouts, lunch, and refreshments:
$65 Cdn - on or before Sept 30, 2006
$100 Cdn - Oct 1-31, 2006
$150 Cdn - Nov 1-16, 2006
More information will be posted to listservs in the coming months and to http://www.augustana.ca/library/workshop
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Head Librarian/Human Rights Advisor
Augustana Faculty, University of Alberta
Update on STLHE
Just a quick note to mention that the Librarian's Group meeting to be held as part of STLHE will be in Victoria College, room 211, from 5-6 pm on June 14th. Everyone welcome.