September 6, 2006
6th Annual Information Literacy workshop
You are invited to join the Augustana Faculty Library of the University of Alberta for our 6th Annual Information Literacy workshop!
Thursday, November 16, 2006 (Wednesday, November 15th optional dinner - cost of $15Cdn is payable at time of registration)
- Associate University Librarian for Educational Initiatives and Director, Doe/Moffitt Libraries, University of California, Berkeley
- Project Director for the Mellon Library/Faculty Fellowship on Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- 2004-2006 Association of Research Libraries Leadership Fellow
- Head of the Digital Information Literacy Office at the University of Texas at Austin and project manager for the award winning educational site TILT (1995-2002).
More information at: www.lib.berkeley.edu/~edupuis/
Supporting Undergraduate Research Experiences
Research-based learning can invigorate undergraduate education by engaging students in the process of discovery. Effectively supporting undergraduate research experiences requires that attention be directed toward a range of areas including:
- Developing successful collaborations
- Crafting creative assignments and assessments
- Initiating complementary programming and recognition
- Redesigning teaching and learning spaces
Where: Augustana Faculty, University of Alberta in Camrose, Alberta, Canada
A van shuttle will be available to/from the Edmonton International Airport and the University of Alberta Edmonton campus. Each cost $20Cdn round-trip and are registered for and paid during the registration process.
Cost (includes workshop handouts, lunch, and refreshments):
$65 Cdn - Sept 1-30, 2006
$100 Cdn - Oct 1-31, 2006
$150 Cdn - Nov 1-16, 2006
$50 Cdn - Sept 1-30, 2006
$75 Cdn - Oct 1-31, 2006
$100 Cdn - Nov 1-16, 2006
- Judy Peacock, Information Literacy Coordinator, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane Australia
Intentional Information Literacy Strategies (2005)
Day 1: Embedding Information Literacy into the Curriculum: Proven Method or Potential Madness?
Day 2: Intentional Professional Development in Information Literacy: Librarian as Leader and Learner
- Elizabeth Hutchins, Librarian (retired)
St. Olaf College, Northfield Minnesota
Knowing Ourselves as Teachers (2004)
- Deb Gilchrist, Dean of Library and Media Services
Pierce College, Washington
- Ruth Dickstein, Social Sciences Librarian
University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona
Working with Faculty (2002)
- Tom Kirk, Library Director and Coordinator of Information Services
Earlham College, Richmond Indiana
An Introduction to Information Literacy (2001)
Register for the workshop at www.augustana.ca/library/workshop (secure online or fax registration or mail in form) - PLEASE NOTE: if you do not have a flight booked yet but know you require airport transportation, please select that option during the registration process and email flight details later.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Head Librarian/Human Rights Advisor
Augustana Faculty, University of Alberta
Camrose, AB, Canada
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.