The Canadian Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships (PDRF) 2008-2009 for citizens of the United Kingdom
As part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP), the Government of Canada invites up to 20 nominations for one-year post-doctoral fellowships tenable at recognized public Canadian universities and affiliated research institutes only.
* Applicants must be citizens of the United Kingdom. Anyone who has obtained Canadian citizenship or who has applied for permanent residency in Canada shall not be eligible for an award.
* Applicants must have completed a Ph.D. degree within the last 2 years or have completed the Ph.D. degree requirements before the beginning of the award (evidence of submission of dissertation for defence provided by the responsible department head).
* Fellowships will not be offered to professional artists or for clinical research and training involving patient-care.
* Applicants must be accepted into a post-doctoral position at a recognized public Canadian university or affiliated research institute of their choice.
* Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously studied in Canada under a Canadian government scholarship.
* The total value of the fellowship is $32,000 CAD. The fellowship is not taxable in Canada.
Terms and Conditions:
* Fellowships must be of 12 months duration and are not renewable.
* Fellowships must commence no later than 30 September 2008.
For more information about this program please visit: http://www.cscuk.org.uk/apply/outward_awards.asp