February 17, 2005
Subscribing to an email list (listserv) using Bloglines
I tried this yesterday with a different set of instructions that I came across, and gave up, dazed and confused. Thanks Geoff!
1) Log into Bloglines
2) Click "Add" (top left-hand corner)
3) Look towards the bottom of the page where it says "Create an Email Subscription"
4) Fill in the blanks (e.g. Name = web4lib; Folder = listservs; ...)
5) Click "Create Email Subscription"
6) NOW, go to the folder that you created and the subsequent title of the feed/page you also just created
7) VOILA. At the top of the page you now have the option to "Send Email" and the ability to include any commands you require (e.g. TO SUBSCRIBE TO WEB4LIB:
Send the message "subscribe Web4Lib your name" to firstname.lastname@example.org)
That easy!! You are able to reply, forward and do other standard email functions as well.
As of today, I'm listserv free! Hooray for my inbox!